So, this time we decided to bring to some of the ironies that you may see only in India.
Indian society is unique in itself,
With diversity in every house, street and corner!
And with so many ironic situations all around,
How our society survives is a wonder!!
We have the best malls now,
With the best brands lined up wonderfully inside!
And copies of the same brand are available,
At throw away prices at the adjacent roadside!!
To see how the poor and wealthy co-exist,
Imagine when we drive in an air-conditioned car!
It is not at all strange to witness outside,
Beggars and slum dwellers barefoot on burning tar!!
Still if they beg for money or try to sell some toys,
Standing outside in weather as hot as a furnace!
Why do we sitting inside the AC cooled car,
Get red hot angry and treat them like they are from outer space!!
“Ganga jaisi pavitra” has been used many a times in Indian cinema,
As Ganga is worshipped as a symbol of purity!
Yet 2 million daily holy bathes and tons of industrial waste,
Make it one of the most polluted rivers in the country!!
Mumbai is the financial and entertainment capital of India,
Yet it continues to have pathetic infrastructure!
It is one of the most populous cities in the world,
But 60% of them living in slums doesn’t make for a good picture!!
We have our very own moral protectors of the society,
How they suddenly appear on Valentines Day is pure magic!
Isn’t it strange that even after 60 years of independence,
It is OK to Piss in public but not to Kiss in public!!
Now have a look at these ironies —
1) Politicians Divide us, Terrorists Unite us
2) Everyone is in hurry, but no one reaches in time
3) Priyanka Chopra earned more money playing Mary Kom, then Mary Kom earned in her entire career.
4) Its dangerous to talk to strangers, but it’s perfectly ok to marry one
5) Most people who fight over Gita and Quran, have probably never read any of them
6) We rather spend more on our daughter’s wedding than on her education
7)The shoes we wear are sold in air conditioned showrooms, the vegetables we eat are sold on the footpath..
8) We live in a country where seeing a policeman makes us nervous rather than feeling safe
9) Indians are very shy and still are 125 Crore.Image Source
10) Indians are obsessed with screen guards on their smartphones even though most come with scratch proof Gorilla Glass but never bother wearing a helmet while riding their bikes.Image Source
11) Indian Society teaches
‘Not to Get Raped’, rather ‘Don’t Rape’ !
12) Reserved people get more benefit than deserve people…!Image Source
So, what will you say about these ironies?? What should we do to end them??
Do tell us your views in comment section below..